Although applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, for best consideration we encourage you to submit prior to the deadlines.
October 15, 2019
February 28, 2020
Now accepting applications for Summer 2020
If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Assistant Program Director, Julia Schwadron, email@example.com.
15 – 20 images submitted via the Portfolio Submission form.
- Images must be saved as .jpg, .png or .gif, under 2MB each. The optimal image size for good image quality and fast upload is a maximum of 1280 x 1280 pixels @ 72 dpi.
- Images must be correctly rotated for viewing.
- Name each image with your name and a number, with the numbers corresponding to your inventory list.
- If your work is best shown via video, you may submit up to 20 minutes of video files by linking to them directly on the web (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
- If you are working with sound, you may submit up to 10 minutes of audio files by linking to them directly on the web (Soundcloud, etc.).
- With all time-based media, please make sure to indicate Title, Medium, Duration and Date in the spaces for Title-Descriptions when submitting.
- If media is password-protected please include password for viewing.
Please create a numbered inventory of the contents of your images or media, including title (in italics), medium, dimensions (height first), date completed, and a thumbnail image of the work in the right-hand margin. The numbers used in the inventory list should correspond to the numbering of your image files. You will upload this through Portfolio Submission as a PDF file, under 2MB.
- Title, oil on canvas, 50” x 40”, 2013
- Title, wood, aluminum, and plastic, 16” x 20” x 5”, 2014
In 1-2 pages, contextualize your current studio activity and describe how your participation in the MFA will activate your work’s ability to intersect the world in a significant way. Please spend some time talking about why you feel the low-residency program at SNC would be a good fit for your practice. You will upload this through Portfolio Submission as a PDF file, under 500KB.
1–3 pages listing current and recent employment, artistic involvement, and related skills/experience. Can be in resume or paragraph form. You will upload this through Portfolio Submission as a PDF file, under 500KB.
Two Confidential Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation should come from a college-level instructor, or professional mentor or colleague, who can speak to your artistic goals and academic competencies. These letters should attest to your qualifications as an artist for independent study in a graduate context, as well as how successfully you would interact with others in an intense and collaborative learning environment. (Letter of Recommendation Form)
- An official transcript showing a posted bachelor’s degree with an earned 3.0 grade point average. (Exceptions to the grade point average requirement may be made based on extraordinary qualification including time elapsed since completion of degree, experience in the field, etc.)
- Transcripts of graduate coursework may be submitted separately.
- An international credential evaluation will be required for coursework previously completed outside the United States. SNC-approved international credential evaluations are available for a fee from World Education Services (WES) at www.wes.org.
Note: GRE scores are not required. There is no foreign language requirement.
Sierra Nevada College
ATTN: Julia Schwadron
999 Tahoe Boulevard
Incline Village, Nevada 89451